UPDATE: The application period is now closed.
We are pleased to announce that the application period for the 2013 Hope Reichbach Memorial Fund Scholarships is now open! We look forward to reading your applications. Please send them in no later than March 1st, 2013.
We now have two ways to apply for the Hope Reichbach Memorial Fund Scholarship. The online application can be found here. The online application is the preferred method of application. It’s easy to use, it allows you to save your work and pick up where you left off at any time, and it allows you to continually revise your application up until the point of submission.
The scholarship application form (PDF format) may be downloaded here.
For more details on how to apply, please roll over “How to Apply” in the top navigation bar.
Basic instructions for applying:
1. Complete all pertinent information in the Personal and Educational forms.
2. Provide a copy of your resume, detailing: your educational background, student activities, honors and awards, previous work experience, and computer and language skills.
3. Have your college bursar mail a copy of your official academic transcript to: Hope Reichbach Memorial Fund, c/o Brooklyn Community Foundation, 45 Main Street, Suite 409 Brooklyn, NY 11201.
4. Provide two references in the spaces provided on page 3. They may be academic (i.e., prior/current professors) or professional (i.e., former employers).
5. In 500 words or fewer, tell us why you are applying to the Hope Reichbach Memorial Fund internship program.
6. In 250 words or fewer, please answer one of the following:
a. Give us an example of a social issue you would like to see changed and how you would change it.
b. What does “hope for Brooklyn” mean to you?
c. How would this internship program advance your career goals?
d. Tell us a good, true story from your life.
7. This program is designed to give opportunities to outstanding applicants who have demonstrable financial need but are committed to social justice work. Please provide your FAFSA worksheet or a documentation letter from your school’s office of financial aid documenting your finances.
8. (Optional) You may describe, in 250 words or fewer, any outstanding financial circumstances that might not be apparent from your financial forms or the rest of your application.
Please attach all required forms and send the completed application to
email@example.com with subject line: “[Last Name], [First Name] 2013 Application” by March 1st, 2013.