PLEASE NOTE: If you have been experiencing any technical difficulties in completing your online application to the Hope Fund, please send BOTH apply[at]hopeforbrooklyn.com AND lisa[at]lisadempsey.com with the subject line “[Last Name], [First Name] 2013 Application.” If you started an online application but were unable to upload any files, please attach all required forms were you unable to upload on the online application. If you were unable to complete the general application, please download the pdf, (http://www.hopeforbrooklyn.com/?page_id=28) complete the form, and attach all other required forms. Sorry for any inconvenience and thank you for your interest in the Hope Fund.
We are pleased to announce there are now two ways to submit your application.
How to apply for the Hope Reichbach Fund Scholarship:
1. Apply directly online HERE (this is the preferred method of submission. With the online application, you can save your work and return at any time to continue the application. You can also continually revise your application up to the point of submission)
Or download the application (PDF format) HERE.
2. Complete all pertinent information in the Personal and Educational forms.
3. Provide a copy of your resume, detailing: your educational background, student activities, honors and awards, previous work experience, and computer and language skills.
4. Have your college bursar mail a copy of your official academic transcript to: The Hope Reichbach Fund, c/o Brooklyn Community Foundation, 45 Main Street, Suite 409, Brooklyn, NY 11201.
5. Provide two references in the spaces provided on page 3. They may be academic (i.e., prior/current professors) or professional (i.e., former employers).
6. In 500 words or fewer, tell us why you are applying to the Hope Reichbach Fund internship program.
7. In 250 words or fewer, please answer one of the following:
- a.Give us an example of a social issue you would like to see changed and how you would change it.
- b. What does “hope for Brooklyn” mean to you?
- c. How would this internship program advance your career goals?
- d. Tell us a good, true story from your life.
8. This program is designed to give opportunities to outstanding applicants who have demonstrable financial need but are committed to social justice work. Please provide your FAFSA worksheet or a documentation letter from your school’s office of financial aid documenting your finances.
9. (Optional) You may describe, in 250 words or fewer, any outstanding financial circumstances that might not be apparent from your financial forms or the rest of your application.
Please attach all required forms and send your completed application to email@example.com with subject line: “[Last Name]. [First Name] 2013 Application” by March 1st, 2013.